New G-NAF geocoding tool
Australian ESRI users and NAVIGATE's Clients can now take a big step forward on the Geocoding tool use on the latest ArcGIS v10.
Navigate recently announced the release of the latest version of its G-NAF Geocoding Kit for ArcGIS v10. This new release of the G-NAF geocoding kit leverages all the improvements delivered with the ArcGIS v10 geocoding engine, combined with Navigate's experience in customising geocoders for Australian address vocabulary and syntax.
Key features of the new release include:
- Single line and partial address input options now available directly from the ArcMap desktop.
- The authoritative G-NAF reference dataset that is further enhanced by a Navigate road intersection address reference layer.
- Greatly enhanced neighbouring and vanity suburb support. The tool accurately geocodes an address with an "alias" suburb and reports the official suburb in the matched address.
- Extended reporting of LGA name and ABS Meshblock (2011), CD (2006) and SA1 (2011) codes with all address-level geocodes providing instantaneous links to a host of statistical and demographic attributes from the ABS and other providers.
- Faster and more accurate when compared to the ArcGIS v9.3 toolset.
"Navigate's G-NAF Geocoding Kit will further increase our Australian customers' geocoding productivity" says Managing director of Navigate, Michael Stokes. "Our previous version for ArcGIS V9.3 significantly improved on ESRI's out of the box address point Geocoder. This one is better again."