ArcCensus enables you to build a new layer of census information from selected census attributes combined with standard or user-specified polygon sets. The census layer can then be integrated with all your existing spatial data and manipulated with standard ArcGIS functionality.
ArcCensus is NAVIGATE’s own product and has been helping users easily access Census data since first released for the 2001 census. It is an ArcGIS extension that is managed from its own toolbar. The functional specifications have been designed in consultation with demographers and users from our public sector and private enterprise clients.
Key features of ArcCensus 2011:
- Flexible geographic selection capability. Select from standard ABS geographic boundaries or choose your organisation's own customised boundaries.
- Aggregate any level of census statistics (eg SA1, SA2, SLA Etc) to user-defined polygons by proportioning each intersecting fraction according to its percentage of the total area.
- Choose your geographies using the ABS hierarchies eg select SA1s by selecting Local Government Areas from a list or a map
- Intuitively find and select census statistics columns to be attributed to your geography.
- Select a range of ABS data cells across several census tables.
- Create your own statistical columns using formulae based on the selected census cells.
- Store both geographic selections and census data set definitions, including calculated cells, as metadata. This allows the same census field set to be defined once and used with many different geography sets or to use the same geography set for multiple census data extracts.
- Generate reports from the data in your new layers. These can be printed or imported into other office applications for further analysis and formatting.
For any enquiry about this product please click here!